Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Journal 8, hey it's not too late (to like writing...)

Hmm you want thoughts and opinions and also feedback?? ok I can do that for my last journal :)
The Beginning:
The first moment of when I decided to come back to school to become a nurse, I knew it was inevitable that I would need to take English Composition 1102. I've dreaded it since I took ENC 1101 back in '99. It was a well-known fact to my friends and family that I LOATHED writing. I was dreading this class so much that I saved it for my very last course to take before I received my AA. I actually considered just doing my ASN because I wouldn't have to take ENC 1102. That's how much I was not wanting to take this course.
My Lucky Break:
So,what's cool about all this delaying, you ask? Why wait, you ask? Well, it seems my stalling was for a wonderful reason. My niece, who is a lot wiser than I was at her age, is going to school for roughly the same thing. We tried to take at least one class together and up until now, it was extremely difficult to do so. Luckily,while registering for the feared ENC2 class,I asked her if she needs to take the same course. She said she did and suggested to see if your class was available..and it was! Awesome! I had  a buddy to drag with me to the nauseating ENC 1102 class. At least we had each other.
My Surprise:
So my first impression was actually not bad. I really liked you and how you approached the class. It was different and exciting. And you also seemed honest and humble,which was a major relief. Teachers can be so uptight. The topics that we covered and the layout of the class were really easy to follow. Everything was structured,timed and presented well. You even wrote in BlackBoard what was due next week which helped  any confusion that I had. And to my surprise, I really, really enjoyed your class. I'm not butt-kissing, because there is no need due to because of my current grade (my apologies for sounding snobby) but I found out that I actually ENJOY writing. Much like reading (a once learning dysfunction my mother thought I had for not wanting to read), I found out I have to be passionate about WHAT I write in order to enjoy it. I learned a lot about myself from this class. I learned that I can be quite opinionated when I write LOL. Also, I'm actually going to be starting a blog. Shocking, I know! So thank you for making this class fun. I liked the fact that we had student critiques as well. It was a good way to learn more about other styles of writing but also a good way to have a more laid-back class for that evening. I think the only feedback I have would be the journal entries and student comments on the blogs. Maybe get rid of one set or have the journals be about the opinions of their fellow students blogs. Other than that,it was great! So thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment