Sunday, February 10, 2013

Social Media

Oh Where do I begin?? Unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, you know exactly what Social Media is and what it means. We're in a new era of technology and we communicate mostly though texts, blogs and status updates. Is that such a bad thing? There are countless pros and cons to the answer of this question but there are so many ups and downs that it's hard for me to even wrap my head around it. Again, where do I even begin?
I am living proof and an example of what it's like to be someone fully connected into the social media world. I spend my days networking for work or play and spend my nights either writing blogs for school (you see what I did there?) and/or on my Xbox playing with people of whom I met from around the world. Talk about being social! I live my life one refresh screen at a time. I feel lost when I'm not multitasking. If I focus on just one thing, I lose interest...point blank. It's my way of "staying focused" if you will.  That's one of the situations that needs to be addressed in research instead of social media and the negative affects it has on focus.
But, I may be fooling myself but maybe not. There are so many outcomes to the answer of the question "is it such a bad thing?",   it really depends on the individual and their ability to stay responsible and focused.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to email these as well. That's where I grade from.

    ReplyDelete