Monday, January 14, 2013

Journal 1: ENC 1101, Do I remember thee??

Journal 1: ENC 1101 RECAP :)

This will be a hard topic for me as it has been over 13 plus years since I have taken ENC 1101. I was eighteen and fresh out of high school and,let's be honest, could really care less about English class. I wanted to indulge in my new found freedom of adulthood so needless to say, I was partying a little bit too much. 
Well, now that I'm 32 , I have a new respect for school and take things a bit more serious but trying to remember ENC 1101, I feel a bit of cloudiness come about lol
What I do remember was writing... A LOT. I believe we had a journal of some sort and had to type papers up every other week. The topics seemed vague and uninteresting...well, to an 18 year old. 
The strengths I gained were how to be dedicated to one topic and creatively put it in writing. I remember this being a challenge. There's always so much going on in my head that sometimes it's really hard to put things in writing. I also remember doing well on my papers.I believe this was because I had/have a step-father that was a Professor in college. After I'd write the paper by myself, I would call him in and he'd proofread them for me. He would go over grammatical errors and point out any redundancies. He really helped me by understanding that I can ramble on and on and that sometimes people cannot follow what I am writing. I cannot always write exactly what I think. It wont make sense.
I also remember that I took the class twice a week and I had a female professor that enjoyed my work. She played the "I have so much potential" card. I enjoyed her but was extremely unmotivated. 
That was the only thing I needed assistance with the class from what I remember. The Motivation.  I had a big problem with waiting until the last moment to write the papers. I would brainstorm (ah yes, I remember this exercise..it's all coming back to me now lol) and come with ideas and have everything stored up in the noggin but hated to physically write. I hate the act of typing. I don't mind to write with pencil and paper but typing,  it still annoys me. Call me old fashioned. 

2 comments:

  1. Great start. Let's take a look at the coloring as it's a bit hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your input. Like you, returning to school after years of being out changed my perspective. Nice writing.

    ReplyDelete